BUSYMINDS CENTER SERVICES PRIVACY NOTICE
Last updated: January 30, 2020
This notice explains how Busyminds School (referred to as “we” in this notice) collects, stores, uses, or otherwise processes the personal data of end users of our Services as defined below (referred to as “you” in this notice), and what rights you have if we are processing your personal data.
In this notice, “Services“ refers to our Apps, Websites, and any related services or properties we control; “App” refers to our App, applications, and other products, including Busyminds Online School app and many others; and “Websites” refers to websites and other online properties we control, including https://www.busymindscenter.com and https://www.online.busymindscenter.com The expression “your data” is used when referring to personal data that relates to you as an identified or identifiable individual.
It is important that you read this notice before accessing or using the Services so that you are aware of how and why we may use data relating to you. In addition to this notice, we encourage you to carefully review our Terms of Service, which govern your use of our Services.
1 Data controller
By “data controller”, we mean an entity that determines how and why personal data is processed. With regard to the activities described in this notice, we are the data controller. Our company name is Busyminds School Our address is 5 Kusenla street, chisco, lekki, Lagos.
2 Contact information
In matters related to this notice, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 Why do we process your data and on what basis?
To perform our contract with you, we may process your data as necessary to:
- create and maintain an account for you in our App or other Services where applicable,
- enable you to play our App or use our other Services,
- provide the correct version of our App or other Services to you (for example, selecting an appropriate language version for you),
- where available, enable you to communicate with other users in our App or other Services (for example, by providing chat, forums, or other similar features),
- send you service-related communications (for example, technical notices, security alerts, or administrative messages), or
- verify your purchases or other transactions in our App or other Services.
Based on our legitimate interest to make our Services the best they can be, we may process your data to:
- operate and maintain our Services (for example, by making sure our Services are secure and function as intended),
- troubleshoot or debug any bugs, errors, or other issues in our Services,
- measure and analyze the use of our Services or data we collect through our Services (for example, to discover trends or other insights or to inform our operations),
- create data that is not identifiable to you (for example, aggregate data), which we may then use and share freely,
- conduct surveys or other research to learn more about our users, or
- improve our current Services or develop new Services.
Based on our legitimate interest to make sure you have the best possible user experience in our App, we may process your data to:
- personalize your experience in our App based on your activity,
- provide you with offers and rewards in our App based on your activity,
- where available, enable your use of the app across multiple devices (for example, by allowing you to connect a third-party account with our App for that purpose),
- where available, provide social features (for example, clans, matchmaking, or leaderboards) or events in our App or other Services,
- handle your support requests or otherwise manage our relationship with you, or
- send you service-related communications (for example, technical notices, security alerts, or administrative messages).
Based on our legitimate interest to make sure our Services are a fair and safe environment for all users, we may process your data to:
- moderate and monitor the use of our App or other Services (including any messages sent through the Services), either automatically or manually, or
- ensure that our Terms of Service and, in particular, our Code of Conduct are followed.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote our Services and to make sure we reach interested audiences, we may process your data to:
- keep track of installations of our App (including the source of each install),
- measure, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising (including our advertising outside of our Services),
- send you communications about offers, rewards, events, or other news related to our Services or other operations,
- request our advertising partners to show or not show our ads to you based on your activity (including by limiting the number of times you see our ads), or
- request our advertising partners to advertise our App or other Services to audiences who they believe have interests similar to yours.
Based on our legitimate interest to provide you with relevant ads in our App and to fund our Services so that we can keep providing them to you, we may process your data to:
- show ads to you in our App, either from us or our advertising partners,
- keep track of your activity in our App to learn about your interests and improve the advertising in our App, or
- personalize, or allow our advertising partners to personalize, the ads you see in our App to make them more relevant to you.
Based on our legitimate interest to safeguard our operations, we may process your data to:
- detect, investigate, or prevent fraud or fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized behavior,
- audit our operations or processes (for example, to verify that they function as intended and according to regulatory or contractual requirements), or
- establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
With your consent, we may process your data:
- to send you newsletters or other similar communications if you have subscribed to them (for example, through a subscription form on our Websites) or
- for other purposes explained to you when we ask for your consent (for example, using your GPS location to provide location-based experiences).
Finally, we may process your data as necessary to:
- comply with legal obligations which we believe apply to us (including accounting and tax requirements and requirements to provide information to competent authorities upon due request) or
- protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
In addition, we may process your data for additional purposes which are compatible with any of the purposes listed above.
We do not use your data to make automated decisions which significantly affect you. By an “automated decision”, we mean a decision made by an information system without any human intervention.
We do not place advert in our apps.
3.2 Cookies and similar technologies on our Websites
A “cookie” is a small file your browser stores when told to do so by a website. Cookies can be set by either the website you visit (“first-party cookies”) or a third party involved in providing content, functionality, or services such as analytics or advertising for the website you visit (“third-party cookies”). Cookies are typically used to identify or “remember” your device, for example to enable functionality, facilitate audience measurement, improve performance, or store your preferences.
4 What data do we process?
We may process the following data relating to you:
- your name, email address, or other contact information if you have provided them to us (for example, when registering an account or subscribing to our communications),
- online identifiers such as your in-app alias, IP address, identifiers we assign to your account, or hardware or operating system based identifiers.
- technical information about the device you use to play our App or use our other Services (for example, information about its type, model, manufacturer, operating system, language, display, processor, or memory),
- your coarse location (for example, country, state, or city), inferred from your IP address,
- information about your use of the Services (for example, information about your progress in our App, your visits to our Websites, or your interactions with ads in our App),
- crash logs or other information related to bugs, errors, or other issues in our Services,
- inferences we make based on your activity in our Services,
- messages or other communications you send to us or through the Services (for example, your chat messages in our App or emails you send to our support team),
- if you choose to connect a third-party account (for example, a social media account) with our Services, information we receive from the third-party account provider (for example, an account name, identifier, or email address to enable cross-device gameplay or a profile name, picture, or friends information to provide social features),
- if you make purchases in our App, information we receive from third-party payment service providers to validate those purchases,
- if you have subscribed to our communications, your content preferences or other information you submit to us when subscribing to our communications,
- if you participate in our surveys or other research, any comments, feedback, responses, or other information you provide to us when doing so (for example, information about your background or experience with our App),
- any other information you choose to submit to us through our Services or otherwise, and
- with your consent, other information explained to you when asking for your consent (for example, your GPS location for location-based experiences).
We do not expect or intend to collect or otherwise process any special categories of data relating to you. By special categories of data, we mean genetic, biometric or health information, information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, or information about your criminal offences or convictions. Please do not provide this kind of information to us or use the Services to make it available to others.
5 Where do we collect your data from?
We may collect data relating to you from the following sources:
- directly from you when you submit it to us (for example, when registering an account with us, subscribing to our communications, sending support enquiries to us, or responding to our surveys),
- directly from you and/or your device by automatic means when you use our Services or interact with our ads outside of our Services (for example, on third-party websites or applications), including through cookies or similar technologies or software development kits (SDKs),
- if you interact with ads in our App or our ads outside of our Services (for example, on third-party websites or applications), from our advertising partners involved in the delivery and measurement of those ads,
- if you choose to connect a third-party account (for example, a social media account) with our Services, from the third-party account provider,
- if you make purchases in our Services, from the third-party payment service provider involved in those transactions, or
- with your consent, from other sources explained to you when asking for your consent.
Providing data to us is not mandatory. However, we are unable to provide the Services, or some parts or features of the Services, without processing your data. If you use our Services, we will collect data relating to you for some or all of the purposes described in this notice, depending on the Services you decide to use and your choices when using them. You have a number of options to limit or control the extent to which your data is processed. For example, you can choose to not connect your third-party accounts with our App, use your device settings to reset or limit the use of your Advertising ID, or disable some or all cookies from your browser settings.
6 Who do we share your data with?
We may share your data with third parties to achieve the purposes described in this notice. This may include sharing data with the following types of recipients:
- other companies in Busyminds Center, for example where they help us develop or operate our App or other Services,
- persons or companies outside of the Busyminds center that provide services to us and process data on our behalf when providing those services (for example, providers of hosting services, analytics services, services that add functionality to the Services, or other services that help us develop and operate our Services),
- other partners we work with while providing the Services (who may process your data independently of us).
- prospective or actual buyers (including their agents or advisors) in the context of a planned or actual acquisition, merger, or other business restructuring,
- competent courts of law or other government authorities where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation,
- any person or entity where we believe disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or to protect your or another person’s vital interests, or
- with any other person or entity with your consent.
In addition, please consider that some information you submit or make available through the Services may be visible to other users of our Services. This typically applies to, for example, your public profile information in our App (such as your in-app alias), your chat messages in our App.
In connection with the processing activities described in this notice, your data may be transferred to and/or processed in countries outside of the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, a number of servers we use for hosting data are located in the United States, and some of our group companies or the service providers we use to provide the Services may be located outside of the EU and the EEA. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from the laws of your country. In these cases, we will provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. These safeguards may include compliance with the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data or reliance on the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. Upon request, we can provide you a copy of the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses and further details on the applicable safeguards.
7 How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including to provide you with the Services or to comply with any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may periodically delete or de-identify inactive accounts or other data in our App or other Services.
After the applicable retention period, we will either delete or de-identify your data or, if neither deletion or de-identification is possible (for example, due to data being stored on a backup server), isolate your data from further processing until deletion or de-identification is possible. We may continue to use data that is not identifiable to you (for example, aggregate data).
8 How do we keep your data secure?
We have adopted measures to provide your data a level of security appropriate for the degree of risk involved with the processing activities described in this notice. These measures are designed to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration as well as unauthorized disclosure or access. The specific measures we employ vary, but typically include, for example, encryption in transit, pseudonymization of identifying data where feasible, controls to limit access to services or systems that contain personal data, and maintaining procedures to handle any suspected security incidents.
9 Your rights
If we are processing your data, you have the right to:
- access, correct, or request the deletion of your data,
- request us to restrict our processing of your data,
- object to our processing of your data to the extent our processing is based on our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, or
- where technically feasible, request a copy of the personal data you have provided to us in machine-readable format.
Where our processing of your data is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware that we may continue processing your data despite your withdrawal of consent, if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
To access your data in our App or to request its deletion, please use the automatic tools provided in our App. These tools are specific to each of our App. You will find them in the settings page under “Terms & Privacy” or a similarly named option. On the same page, you can also opt out of our personalized offers, where applicable. We ask you to primarily use these tools to submit requests, because that helps us validate, process, and fulfill your request more quickly and reliably.
To exercise any of your rights, you may also contact us at email@example.com. To fulfill requests submitted by email, we may need to confirm your identity to verify your right to make the request, which may involve requesting additional information from you. For example, we may ask you to provide sufficiently detailed information about the account to which the request relates to enable us to confirm that you are the account holder or acting on their behalf. While we will usually not do so, we reserve the right to charge you an appropriate fee for the exercise of your rights where permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Finally, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority regarding our processing of your data.
10 Age limit
Under our Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age. However, Our app is an educational app, which contains contents appropriate for all age groups.
We may update this notice from time to time, for example due to changes in our operations or the legal obligations that apply to us. Updates will be made available here. We may also inform you of any changes by other means that are appropriate to the significance of the changes.
Top of Form
Subscribe here for all the news that’s fit to fly – delivered straight to your inbox! You can opt out anytime.